Accounting services in Abingdon, Oxford and across all UK

Property Tax Accountant Abingdon, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Property Tax Accountant Abingdon, Oxford and Oxfordshire helps in tax savings to property developers, letting agents, commercial & residential businesses & Landlords. Oxon accountancy able to provide guidance and support to property developers, the construction industry, landlords and letting agents.

  • VAT planning and advice, including the option to tax and registration
  • Capital Gains implications and planning
  • Financing transactions
  • Stamp Duty Land Tax
  • Ownership of property – principally business, private or pension
  • Treatment of tax in relation to buy to let
  • Treatment of tax in relation to renewables projects
  • Capital Allowance reliefs, reviews and claims
  • Estate planning and Inheritance Tax planning
  • Overseas ownership of UK property
  • Capital gain tax advice

As part of a complete service we have established close working relationships with other professionals including property surveyors, valuers and solicitors specialising in property matters.

We will look at the best way of structuring your business so that you pay the least possible amount of tax.

We will advise you on how to mitigate your capital gains tax liability.

There are a number of responsibilities that fall on a landlord that is renting out a property. 

These include the requirements to:

  • keep rented properties safe and free from health hazards;
  • make sure all gas equipment and electrical equipment is safely installed and maintained;
  • provide an Energy Performance Certificate for the property;
  • protect their tenant’s deposit in a government-approved scheme;
  • check their tenant has the right to rent your property if it’s in England; and
  • give their tenant a copy of the How to rent checklist when they start renting from you (you can email it to them).
Property Tax Accountant

Property Tax Accountant

The accounting and tax implications relating to property matters can all too often be overlooked. Without careful planning and specialist property advice, financial returns may well fall short of expectations and transactions may not lead to the desired outcomes.

Landlord Accountants

Based on our experience we are able to provide guidance and support on the acquisition, sale and development of property, whether it forms part of an investment portfolio, is used solely to accommodate your business, or is a residential buy to let proposition.

Accountants and Tax advisers for the construction industry

The construction industry is one of the most volatile sectors in the UK economy, and careful planning and advice are needed to maintain efficiency and competitiveness.

With years of experience in this sector, we pride ourselves on having an understanding of the specific problems faced by builders, building and civil engineering contractors, and civil engineering consultants, and in being able to recommend effective solutions.

We work with you to help you optimise your performance by providing advice on all areas of your business including:

  • Funding
  • VAT planning and advice
  • Project planning
  • Cashflow planning
  • Payroll services
  • The Construction Industry Scheme
  • IR 35
  • Property Capital gain tax advice

Residential Lettings, Buy to Let and specialist tax advice for landlords and lettings agencies

Whether you are an existing landlord or are looking to enter the buy to let market we are well versed in the financial and taxation issues affecting residential lettings.

As specialist property tax advisers and accountants our advice for landlords includes:

  • How to finance your investments tax efficiently, including advice on Stamp Duty Land Tax
  • The most appropriate ownership entity – for example personal, partnership or limited liability company
  • Advice on tax efficient joint ownership
  • Advice on allowable and disallowable expenses
  • Minimising Capital Gains Tax on a sale of property
  • How to gift properties down a generation
  • The tax treatment for inheritance tax purposes, especially for those with property portfolios
  • The tax treatment of rental property owned by Non-Resident Landlords
  • Dealing with HMRC investigations
  • VAT advice, including registration and treatment of VAT in relation specifically to property matters and transactions.

Our work with clients includes:

  • Preparation of annual accounts
  • Accounts/income certification for mortgage purposes
  • Preparation of Self Assessment tax returns and company tax returns as required
  • Specialist tax advice and planning
  • Personal Financial Planning provided through Streets Financial Consulting plc, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

In addition to looking after the needs of Landlords, we also look after residential letting agents.

Income excluded from a property business

HMRC publishes a list of income streams that are excluded from a UK property business. The list includes fishing concerns, hotels and guest houses, tied premises, caravan sites, lodgers and tenants in your own home, extra services to tenants and letting surplus trade accommodation. In most cases the income from these activities will be taxed as income of a trade and not as property income. More

Corporate gain tax (CGT) on second property 30 day rule

The Capital Gains Tax (CGT) reporting and payment date for UK residents that sell a residential property changed with effect from 6 April 2020. This change means that any CGT due on the sale of a residential property now needs to be reported and a payment on account of any CGT due made within 30 days of the completion of the transaction. More

To discuss how we can help you please call 01235 250011, email, or visit our office OXON Accountancy, 28 The Quadrant, The Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YS.

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.